TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions between us ("Calliope Gifts Ltd") and yourself (the customer). By using this website, you accept our terms and conditions. They do not affect your statutory rights. Please read them carefully.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on our website.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. We do not accept amendments to these Terms and Conditions. .
- Failure by us to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and conditions.
- All rights, including copyright, in the text, graphics and layout of this website and in all software and software compilations are owned by, or licensed to, Calliope Gifts Limited.
- You are not permitted, without our prior written consent, to copy, transmit, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, modify or adapt this website, its contents or underlying software, except for personal non-commercial use..
- If, on receiving ordered goods, you have any cause for dissatisfaction you may return them via our Returns procedure, which is explained below.
- We may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of the website and the services we provide, including limits to the size and number of any messages that have been sent, or the duration that any messages may be stored on our website. We are entitled to delete any material from our website at any time, and we will not be liable for deleting or not storing any material that you may transmit to us.
- Payment can be made using the payment methods specified at the payments stage using our secure online payment service provider
2. CUSTOMER ORDERS
- We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these terms and conditions.
- To order goods over the telephone or on our website, you must be at least 18 years of age and accept delivery within the UK. By placing an order on our website, you warrant that you meet the age requirement for the product. All telephone orders will be acknowledged verbally at the time of order, and all orders placed on our website will be acknowledged electronically by e-mail. Please note that verbal and/or electronic acknowledgements do not constitute order confirmation or order acceptance. Your order will be accepted and the creation of a legally binding contract between you and us will take place once the goods have been dispatched or collected. (Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will inform you in-person or by telephone or e-mail).
- When deciding whether to accept your order we may use certain information about you, including any received from credit reference agency checks. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
- We will tell you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method or suggest that you (re-)visit one of our stores.
- We are entitled to adjust the price to take account of any increase in our suppliers' prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been acknowledged. The total price payable will be stipulated at the time when you place your order whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order. All prices are inclusive of VAT in the United Kingdom but exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time the order is placed. VAT will be charged at the rate applicable at the date of delivery.
- Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order.
- On occasion, the prices payable and promotions offered in respect of goods advertised on the website may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time our physical shops ("in-store"). We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion if they differ from those on the website. Similarly, our physical shops are under no obligation to honour any website price or promotion in the event that they differ from those online.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on the website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- Prices that are reduced for sales and promotions are only valid for the specified period.
4. ORDER PROCESSING
You may place an order to purchase goods advertised for sale on this site by following the onscreen prompts after clicking on the item you wish to purchase. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you place your order by clicking the "Order with obligation to pay" button on the checkout page. If you submit an order for goods via this site by clicking the 'Order with obligation to pay' button, your order is an offer to us to buy the goods you have ordered on this site.
If you wish to amend any details of your order before you have completed it, please use the "back" button of the browser to correct any errors or to make any other amendments
Your order is sent directly to our order management system for processing. Once we have received your order and payment, our staff will pick, pack and dispatch the item. You will receive notification via email of receipt of the order and subsequently of shipment of the goods. Orders to UK customer addresses are normally sent via Royal Mail 2nd Class Post and as such you should typically expect delivery 3-5 working days after we receive your order. International orders will use an appropriate courier.
We will acknowledge receipt of your order by sending you an automatically generated e-mail accepting your order. With this e-mail the contract will be concluded.
The contract will relate only to those specific goods which are referred to in our e-mail confirming our acceptance of your order. You should read and check the details in this e-mail to ensure that they are correct.
If the details in the email confirming your order are not correct, or if you are not satisfied with the details in the email, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contractual language is English.
Where we accept your order, we have a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with these Terms and Conditions.
5. ORDER TRACKING
You can track the progress of your order at any time by logging into My Account from the Home page on this website.
- Your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control. Orders to UK customer addresses are normally sent via Royal Mail 2nd Class Post and as such you should typically expect delivery 3-5 working days after we receive your order. International orders will use an appropriate courier. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date. Outside of this we will deliver your order within 30 days.
- Delivery is charged as priced on each order. Once you have placed an order it will be dispatched the same working day or the next working day depending on the time the order was placed.
- If you are unavailable when our delivery partner tries to deliver your order, they will usually try to deliver again the next working day or they will drop a card in to offer you a collection from a local collection point. You can specify particular delivery instructions on our online order form and we will label your parcel with them, though we cannot guarantee that the postal/courier service will always obey these.
- After the order has been placed it is unfortunately not possible to change the delivery address.
7. AVAILABILITY & PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
- All information provided on the products on this website is intended as a guide only. Dimensions and weights are only approximate, as are colours. We have made every effort to ensure that the products are fairly described, that the product information is correct, and that the colours of our products are displayed as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colours you see will vary with the quality of your screen display, we cannot guarantee that your display will accurately reflect the colour of the product requested on delivery.
- On occasion goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside our control. As such, delivery cannot be guaranteed and any dates we specify for the delivery of the goods are approximate only. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods. If you are ordering goods that are out of stock we will dispatch them when they are received from our supplier.
8. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
- You have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, during the period set out in the section below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
- However, the right to cancel does not apply to the following kind of contracts:
- Contracts for the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly personalised.
- Contracts for the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Contracts for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
- Contracts for the supply of goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
- Contracts for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery.
- Contracts for the supply of a newspaper, periodical or magazine with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications.)
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of receipt of the last item on your order. The cancellation period expires after 14 calendar days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us by contacting either by email to
Or by writing to
Calliope Gifts Ltd
1a Martins Walk Shopping Centre,
Or by telephoning +44 (0) 1306 889914 and confirming your wish to cancel.
You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Your cancellation notice is effective from the date you sent your email or contacted us by phone. You may cancel an order that has not yet dispatched and we will refund you the cost of goods and any delivery charge paid.
If goods were delivered to you, then you must return them according to our Returns Policy.
You will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products and any applicable delivery charges you paid for. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost of returning the goods to us unless the goods are faulty or not as described.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than –
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied,
(b) (If earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods,
(c) If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
9. CANCELLATION BY US
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if, for example:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit or debit card as soon as possible.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
As a consumer, you always have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the Returns Policy in this clause or in the rest of the Terms.
11. RETURNS POLICY
- Any unwanted items must be sent back to our contact address at your own cost, unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective. In those cases we will bear the return cost. Please return the goods to:
Calliope Gifts Ltd
1a Martins Walk Shopping Centre,
Please state the nature of your complaint in an accompanying note, quoting the order number and your contact details. If you would prefer a replacement to a refund, please let us know.
- We suggest for your own protection you use 1st class registered post.
- Any refunds will be issued once we have received the goods.
- Any goods with manufacturing faults on arrival will be replaced or refunded unless this would not be possible or would be disproportionately costly in the circumstances, in which case we will refund to you the amount paid for the goods in question.
We will refund you using the same means of payment as you used to pay for your order. We reserve the right to make a deduction from the amount of the refund for loss in value of the goods returned where the goods show signs of unreasonable use; for these purposes, unreasonable use means handling the goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods, in particular if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We may withhold any refund until we have received the goods or you have supplied proof of return for the goods.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. If you use them for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession).
- Any breach of the terms implied by sections 13-15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples).
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Password and security. If you use the site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and also for ensuring that unauthorised access to your account is prohibited. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that your information is kept confidential to you. If you have reason to believe that this may have been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Damage to your computer. We make every effort to ensure that this website is free from defects or viruses. It is your responsibility to ensure that you use the correct equipment when using the website and to protect from anything that may damage it.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. We are required by law to inform you that sales can be concluded in English only and that no public filing requirements apply.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event Outside Our Control including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or manmade eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Our VAT number is: GB 151 3959 06
UK Company Registration Number: 8284170
We are a member of the Entertainment Retailers Association and the Greetings Card Association organisations.
All correspondence must be in English.
Our usual opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9.00am to 5.30 pm, and Sunday 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Our offices are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Easter Sunday. They may also be subject to restricted hours on other English public holidays.